Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fireworks Thoughts

I have used Adobe Photoshop quite exstensively in the past, and after my first assignment with Fireworks I notice that it has many of the same features, except that Fireworks is not quite as in depth as Photoshop. This is actually a good thing though because it greatly improves its ease of use and speed of learning. I found my first assignment to be fun. Fireworks will work great for designing and editing graphics for any web development that I do in the future.

I really like the cloning tool. I remember using this in Photoshop as well. It’s a tool that allows you to be creative and is also somewhat of a challenge to master. Getting an image to blend properly can be a challenge, as well as finding what part of an image to use as a stamp and smoothing the edges of the cloned selection. I had fun with the stuffed bear image, removing the eyes and nose and the items on the desk. I felt like I did a much better job on this than with the frosted cake image, with which I had a hard time getting the cloned sections to blend in with the rest of the frosting. The smudge and blur tools came in handy.

I look forward to learning more Fireworks and utilizing these skills in my own web design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fireworks strength is definitely in its simplicity and its ability to integrate directly with Dreamweaver....

You did a great job with the clone tool on the cloning assignment. I could tell you enjoyed using it!