Saturday, October 25, 2008

Responsibility

Ok, so I'm one of those people that likes to complain about Alaska from time to time. It's too cold, the extreme variations in daylight time is annoying, the people here are weird, we are too isolated from the rest of the country...the list goes on and on.. But sometimes I'm actually glad I live here and away from a lot of the crap that goes on "down south". I would love to live in a small town somewhere in Oklahoma (my finace's home state) or Virginia or Colorado, but there are so me places down here that I am happy to stay the hell away from. like San Fransisco.

First let me state that I am all for people having equal rights, equal liberties, yada-yada-yada; but I heard on the news the other day that a middle school teacher (or maybe it was Elementary school) took her class to a lesbian wedding that she was officiating. What kind of a sick individual who has the power to influence children in a positive or a negative way would do something like that? I'm sure not all the parents of these kids agree with the whole same-sex marriage thing, but obviously the teacher didn't stop to think that maybe not every parent wants their kid exposed to that crap. I'm sure some of the parents were happy, after all it is San Fransisco, but this teacher should lose her job and her license and not be allowed to teach children ever again. If she wants to promote lesbianism or cultural acceptance or whatever kind of agenda she has, she can teach a college class on lesbian wedding officiating.

Children are like sponges. I'm not a parent, but I know this through observation and through common sense that anyone over the age of sixteen should have. An adult is the end result of the child that was that sponge. This puts a huge responsibility on the parents to not expose their children to things that would have a negative affect on them. I'm not saying we should all shelter our children so they have no concept of the real world, I'm saying that if a child is going to attend a lesbian wedding and learn about that (screwed up) part of our culture it should most definitely be the parent that exposes them to this....because it is ultimately the parent's responisbility what their children will learn and how they learn it.

If you want your child to cuss, let them watch rated R movies; if you want your child to smoke, smoke in front of them. It that's simple. if you want your child to know about the American culture of today, you talk to them, teach them what is right and wrong. In the case of this teacher previously mentioned, I am more angry at the parents than I am at her. She is an idiot, that's a fact, but the parents should've been involved enough in their children's lives and schooling to know that she is an idiot and to know the kind of people that are teaching their children. It all comes down to responsibility, and the sole responsibility of a child rests on the parents

No comments: