Saturday, September 13, 2008

Real Problems, Real Solutions: Becoming a PC Support Technician

From Page 53:


1. I would right-click on the My Computer icon-which is either on the desktop or under the Start menu, select Properties, and then select the General tab. RAM is list towards the bottom of the window.

2. The installed Operating System is listed in the same Properties window as the RAM, at the very top of the list.

3. I would have her right-click on My Computer, select Properties, select the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button, and click "+" symbol to the right of Modems. The Modem will be listed here if the computer is recognizing it.

4. Right-click on My Computer, select Properties, and select the Automatic Updates tab. The option for automatic updates should be selected.
5. Right-click on the desktop, select properties, and click on the Settings tab. The screen resolution is shown in the middle-left part of the window. My max screen resolution is 1200x800.

6. Double-click on My Computer, right-click on the C Drive icon, select Properties, and click on the General tab. The amount of free and used space is shown is listed and shown in the form of a pie graph.

7. Double-click on My Computer, right-click on the DVD/CD drive, select Properties, click on the Hardware tab, select the DVD/CD drive from the list, click on the Properties button at the bottom of the window. Either the General or Driver tab will give the name of the driver. To find the path, click the Driver Details button under the Driver tab. My DVD/CD drive's name is MASHTA DVD-RAM UJ-841S, and the path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys.

No comments: