Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dreamweaver Thoughts

This has been my first experience with a web editing program, but I have found Dreamweaver to be really user-friendly. It's not at all like I expected. I've used many different programs, music recording software for example, that were very confusing to start with and were difficult to get the hang of. But so far Dreamweaver has been fun and easy to use.

The only hang-up I've had was when I didn't copy the chap_4 folder to my CIOS 256 folder like I was supposed to. I instead copied this folder to the desktop, so after I inserted all the links and images required for the "Teacloud" assignment, the published page didn't work right-none of the images showed up and none of the links worked. I understand now that all the files and links used on a site I'm building need to be in the folder that was specified for Dreamweaver to work from. I learned this the hard way, but it was a good learning experience.

No comments: